Sunday 18 December 2011

Top-Secret Chocolate Mousse~



 
This week's French Fridays with Dorie schedule gave us free reign to choose any recipe from the cookbook. I should logically be hunting in the vegetable or seafood chapters during this week of Thanksgiving gluttony, but this chocolate mousse has been calling to me since I bought my copy of Around My French Table.  And lucky for you all, this recipe has been shared in Bon Appetit...so if you didn't have enough pumpkin pie to satisfy your sweet tooth, whip up a batch of this heavenly cloud of chocolate for yourself.

I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the egg yolk mixture...and this is where you can get creative with other extracts or oils.  They were each topped with a dollop of sweetened whip cream and a luscious berry. This mousse was dense and rich...Bill and Nick both got to scoop samples from my mixing bowls and declared it a success. Bill did mention he preferred some of my other mousse recipes...I think he missed the lightness from incorporating whipped cream into the egg/chocolate mixture.  I loved that this didn't need to be refrigerated before eating...so it's easy to put together at the last minute, but it can also be parked in the fridge for hours before a dinner party. Thanks, Dorie, for this winner~

No comments:

Post a Comment