Sunday 18 December 2011

Peppermint Bark Snowflakes~




 
Peppermint bark is one of the holiday treats I dole out to the neighbors at Christmas. It's pretty much a no-brainer...melt white chocolate, add crushed candy canes, peppermint extract and it's basically finished. But this year, I saw the coolest image on Pinterest....and I knew I had to make these beautiful snowflakes.  Mari, of Once Upon a Plate, executed them perfectly. When I make my next batch, I'll make thinner layers like Mari's.  You still may be able to find these snowflake-shaped silicone cupcake molds at Target in those dollar bins.  And Mari's inspiration and recipe details came from Rachel of Baked by Rachel...please check out her blog, too~


Using the recipe below, I made a half a batch of white chocolate bark and a half batch of semi-sweet chocolate bark without the added candy cane bits. I started with a layer of melted mint flavored dark chocolate the bottom of the molds, followed by a sprinkle of candy cane pieces.  This layer was chilled, then I repeated with a white chocolate layer and  more candy cane bits.  All 12 candy canes were not needed to make the snow flakes. Aren't these festive????

Peppermint Bark...adapted from Martha Stewart

2 pounds white chocolate, chopped
12 candy canes, crushed into 1/4 inch pieces (remove dust)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract


Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

Gently melt white chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl, stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals till melted and smooth.  Add candy cane pieces and peppermint extract.  Pour onto prepared pan and spread to desired thickness.

Chill until firm.  Break into pieces.  Keep refrigerated.

Makes about 2 1/2 pounds peppermint bark.


Print

Linked to Success U
Linked to Wonka Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment