Sunday 18 December 2011

Potato Chip Tortilla~



 
December is such a crazy month around here...I haven't seen the tops of my kitchen counters in weeks...recipes, cookbooks, tins of cookies and candies, along with the usual clutter.  So it was a relief to have a quick recipe this week for French Fridays with Dorie.  Unusual, but simple.  Potato chips are crushed and mixed with eggs, scallions, garlic, herbs and a pinch of piment d"Espelette.  This mixture is poured into a well seasoned cast iron pan or a non-stick sauce pan and cooked for a bit on the stove before getting finished off under the broiler. I used basil, flat leaf parsley and a sprinkle of thyme...plus a little minced red bell pepper for color.

Bill said this tortilla was good, but I was pretty ho-hum about the results.  I didn't add much salt due to the addition of potato chips, but still found something lacking in the final dish.  Maybe I was missing the cheese I typically add to my omelets?  Anyhow,  the recipe can be found on Google Books if you'd like to check it out.  And check out what my Dorista friends thought of this recipe on the French Fridays with Dorie website.


No comments:

Post a Comment