Sunday 18 December 2011

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes~






I needed a little amuse bouche for my friends who were coming over to learn the basics of  baking cheesecakes.  These minis come together quickly...especially when you use an Oreo instead of a cookie crumb crust.  My taste testers were split on which version they preferred...the Oreo fans liked the cookie and cream combo and the cookie crust fans enjoyed the more prevalent chocolate taste.  You can't go wrong with either version.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US!!! I am grateful for you all...along with all my blogger friends across the world. Today is the last day to enter my Thanksgiving Giveaway~


Mini Oreo Cheesecakes....from my friend, Erica


12 Nabisco Famous Wafers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar


6 Oreo cookies, chopped
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, at room temperature


1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons shortening


Line standard muffin tin with foil baking cups.  Preheat oven to 325º.


Mix cookie crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar in small bowl.  Put 1 tablespoon of crumbs in each muffin cup, pressing down with fingers, spoon or tamper to compress. Alternatively, you can use a whole Oreo for each crust.


Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till smooth.  Mix in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.  Spoon into prepared cups.  Sprinkle with chopped Oreos.


Bake for about 25 minutes or till set.  Cool.


Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave.  Drizzle over cheesecakes. I use a quart ziplock bag with a corner clipped off for drizzling.


Print

No comments:

Post a Comment