Sunday 18 December 2011

Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle~



Unfrosted would be a perfect breakfast treat~


But I simply adore cream cheese icing on my
cakes~


My mini Bundt pans have given me nothing but trouble lately...there were the apple cakes that decided they'd like to be chiseled out and then my first batch of pumpkin cakes which were only slightly more successful. I finally decided to buy Baker's Joy, a no-stick baking spray with flour, for the first time in years. Shortening didn't work, buttering and flouring didn't work but Baker's Joy DID allow for a clean release.  Thank goodness a friend gave me an old can (it's expiration was 2006), since the two markets I checked didn't carry this item.  The results were perfect after using this non-stick product.  Whew.

Once these mini-Bundts were baked and cooled, I drizzled with just wee bit of icing  as my youngest isn't a huge fan of cream cheese...but then the leftovers could be piped right into my mouth...er, no, I mean onto my finger for a little sample. And without a heavy dose of frosting, these could also be eaten for breakfast, right???

These cakes are my entry into this month's Improv Challenge with the theme of Pumpkin and Cream Cheese. And many thanks to Kristen for taking over the gargantuan task of organizing all the participants!

And don't miss my Thanksgiving Giveaway~

Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle...inspired by Allrecipes

Cake:
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups canned pumpkin (I used a 15 ounce can)
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves

Drizzle:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
3-4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk (more or less depending on how thick you want your drizzle)

Preheat oven to 350º.  Grease two mini Bundt pans (each with 6 openings) with Baker's Joy or other non-stick spray with flour. Set aside.

Combine sugar and oil in large bowl.  Mix in pumpkin and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time.  Sift baking power, soda and salt into bowl, followed by flour and spices.  Mix till just combined.  Divide  batter between 12 openings...filling 2/3 full or less.

Bake for about 25 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool about 5 minutes, then remove cakes from mold to rack.  Cool completely.

To make drizzle, beat together cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla and slowly mix in powdered sugar.  Add milk to desired consistency.  Drizzle over cooled cakes.



Improv Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment